Thursday 27 October 2011

First PE Lesson!

Sorry for the delay in posting about the handball lesson I was planning. It has been a really crazy few weeks!


So, the lesson actually went really well. The children seemed to enjoy it and my groups worked really well together. We had originally divided the lesson into sections so that we could each take a section but in the end we all just mucked in and helped each other out.


The other groups did similar, non-traditional games like Dodgeball, Kick Rounders, Gaelic Football with the exception of one group who did Hockey. 


All of the sessions were really great and we all swapped lesson plans at the end too!...that's 5 PE lesson I don't need to spend hours planning now!


I'm currently in the middle of writing my first assignment. We were allowed to pick the topics which actually made it much harder to get started than you would have thought! I knew I wanted to do something on Maths but until I started reading through papers and books I didn't know what to focus on. On Monday I had a break through and now my assignment is on the use of resources in a primary maths classroom!


On that note, I best get back to business, 1500 words down, 4500 to go!! :)


Take Care,


Student Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment